Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Participatory Book Series by Marianne R. Petit

Marrianne R. Petit has collected and drawn some facinating stories from people that have shared parts of their lives. Digest size, color covers, black and white interiors, 30 pages. Working Nine to Fine, vol 1 and vol 2, I Smell and Remember, Fells Like the First Time, I Don't Love You Anymore, and the free book when you order 3 or more: Make-A-Monster Paper Dolls and Puppet Theater.

This is from the books: "The Participatory Book Series began in January 2007. I decided I wanted to make some books and in my head I could see them, but I didn't have any content to actually make them. Life had been complicated for really long time and I didn't want to use any of my own stories. The truth is, I was sort of tired of myself and figured other people might have stories way more interesting than my own.

So I started a blog that asked questions. Have you ever had a smell trigger a memory? Do you believe in an interventionist God? Has the mental health of other people had an influence in your life? Do you remember your first love? Can you tell me the story of a breakup?

And then I asked some friends to participate."

I loved these books and I recommend them to everyone. The stories are a page turner, you can't wait to see what happens next. The art is simple but fits the stories nicely and helps tie all the books together in a nice series. I even sent in some of my stories! (5 stars out of 5) See more about Marianne HERE, and order the books at: http://www.mariannepetit.com/books/