Sunday, October 22, 2006

You Provide the NEWS!

That's right folks this is all about you so you have to do the work. No more sitting on your ass! Get up off the couch and send me your Small Press Comics News! Get noticed! Get the word out! Get someone to order your comics! All you have to do is send me your stuff via my email address fanaticpress@yahoo.com and I'll see that it is posted on this site. I'll put my spin on it sometimes but basically it'll be what you intended to show the world. Send me a web size image of your cover and an interior page and a short description. Let me know who worked on it etc...and how they can get ahold of you and buy the comic. See how simple this is?

And if you want me (Allen Freeman) to do one of my exclusive reviews of your work mail your mag, book, comic or anything you create that has a comic in it to: Fan-Atic Press, 3106 Dade Cove, Owensboro, KY 42303. Again, nice and simple. I've been creating and reading small press comics since 1983 or earier and I have a feel for what I like and don't like and I'll be honest and constructive with my reviews. I won't trash the stuff, I'll mention what I don't like and I'll bring out what I do like. Sometimes people can take it either way but I'll set up a 4 star rating system or something. I'll be fair. So if you want me to review the book send it on, if you just want to plug your publication that is fine too. Just do it! All that hard work needs to be seen, and this could be your first step in getting some sales or just another one of your crazy, ingeniously cheap ways to spread the word.

--Allen Freeman (From here on known as "-AF")

No comments: